Saturday, December 17, 2011

Introduction...two purposes

December 12th, 2011

Hello all,

Welcome to my blog.  I'm Collector Steve.  I have been working on a book for several years now.  The purpose of the book is to outline the techniques and science behind profiting from collectibles.  My working title is the same as this blog.  I started this blog to help facilitate development of the book.

Although the topic of making money in collectibles may sound vulgar to some, don't misinterpret me.  (Some collectors view profiteers as middle men that drive prices higher).   I love to collect stuff for the sake of collecting...coins, comicbooks, currency, old checks, and even old telescopes.  If I had the space, I'd have a big car collection too!  Some of the items in my collections have little value...I just enjoy them for their artistry or beauty. 

I also enjoy the thrill of the hunt...of chasing down that one elusive item to complete a set.  But I can't help but be fascinated by the money-making aspect of collectibles; the science behind the hobby.  If you choose the right collectible at the right time, you can very handsome returns...rivaling some of the best stock market returns.

Though I've tried to keep this blog simple enough for the beginner, the fact is that it really helps your understanding of these concepts if you've dabbled in the collectibles marketplace.  For you hard-core collectors, you'll be happy to know that some of the material in here is advanced.  I've had some of these passages peer reviewed by "old salts" in the collecting arena, and some have expressed surprise that they've learned a thing or two when they didn't expect to see anything new.

I hope that you enjoy this blog, and keep checking back for updates.  Or better still, subscribe to this blog for content.  If you really like it, please share it on your social network of choice.  I hope I can develop enough of a following to make my dream of publishing this material come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. I like your input. The purpose of this Blog is to build content for a book that I'm writing. So be warned that if you give me a good idea or concept, I reserve the right to use it with no compensation to you. :)