Sunday, February 19, 2012

Observations from a big comicbook show




I just got back from the 2012 Megacon comicbook convention.  I have to say, comicbooks were selling briskly!  Dealers were complaining that much of their good material sold quickly.  By the time I got there on Saturday, the second day of the show, I felt lucky that I found anything good for full guide prices.  Seemed like all of the good material still lingering on the dealers display were overpriced.  And for the priviledge of paying guide for nice items, I had to really search!

Interestingly, I've been hearing anecdotal feedback about coins and currency sales as well.  Things are picking up a bit.  Perhaps this is a sign that the economy is improving, or just new confidence in collectibles in general.  Whatever the case, good material costs more than guide.  If you can find it for guide, you may be doing better than you think if you buy it.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. I like your input. The purpose of this Blog is to build content for a book that I'm writing. So be warned that if you give me a good idea or concept, I reserve the right to use it with no compensation to you. :)